At the link Notes on Elvish Words, I’ve added five very short remarks which I originally made on Elfling discussing the relationships and meanings of some problematic Elvish words. The specific topics are:
- The relationship of roots beginning in d– and nd– in Quenya, particularly considering a possible relationship between the words loico and noire.
- A series of Elvish roots found on a single page written by Tolkien, their relationship to the legends, and their implications for the Sindarin word anach.
- A possible explanation for the Quenya word minaþurie “enquiry.”
- A note on the Quenya word queren “pivot.”
- A note on the Quenya month-name Ringarë “December.”